Sunday, July 08, 2007

Hana Yori Dango~

I've been doing practically nothing at home for the past few days.

Glued my ass to the chair, and sat in front of the laptop; again -.-''

Completed downloading and watching the Japanese drama of Hana Yori Dango.

I've watched the Taiwanese version, which was aired on Malaysian tv years ago (back when I was in secondary school.)
Back then everyone (including Malay girls) went nuts over F4(which is current changed it's group name to some weird name which I can't remember).

Anyways, the whole series is actually based on the manga of the same title.

Manga > anime > taiwanese drama > japanese drama

manga/anime


taiwanese version



Japanese version

From what I've watched,
I think I prefer the Taiwanese version, as it has more scenes from the manga.
The Japanese version is MUCH more compressed.
The whole manga is choked into merely 20episodes!

On the other hand, the 1st season of the Taiwanese version itself is MORE than 20 episodes.
So, sometimes it's a little draggy. -.-''

The one thing that I do not understand is why people wanna remake the drama series over and over again in different languages?

Isn't it sufficient to have only one series of the same story?

Or maybe the directors of drama series couldn't lay their hand on good scripts,
so they ALL decide to use storyline from mangas.

SO what's next?
An american production of the manga?
Yea..maybe, considering Ugly Betty is based on the Latin drama.

(anyways, the japanese drama has a much MUCH better looking Doumyouji Tsukasa! )

He's so SO SO CUTE^^

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails